Since we have been living in downtown St. Louis, I've seen some things that remind me of "home" in Springfield, and then again, I've seen things that really remind me I'm definitely not in Springfield anymore- Toto.
For example. In Springfield, Pete and I had a Loop that we walked almost every day. It was about a 30 minute walk and Pete would often wear his weight vest I bought him for Christmas (Matthew McConaughey style!) We decided we needed to find one of those walks here in St. Louie. This brought about two events that could only happen when one lives downtown in a bustling city. First, we tried creating a new Loop that went to the Arch and back. There were security guards checking people as they went into the Arch grounds (this was right before the VP fair started), and upon seeing Pete's weight vest, they stopped him and said, "Sir! We need to check that vest!" We both realized at that moment that Pete looked a little like a suicide-bomber with that black vest on. Of all things!! However, no bombs were found in his vest and we were therefore released.
A few days later, we were trying out a new Loop that made its way to Union Station. I was a little wary of this Loop because over the past few weeks, a few people have been shot in front of Union Station. Hm. Nevertheless, we power walked there and back- well...almost there. We turned around when we saw two men approach each other in a park and very "non-conspicuously" trade some items underneath their shirts. We booked it out of there.
So, we've come to find that while St. Louis will offer us free Cardinal's game tickets and people are really friendly in elevators, there are also sketchy parks with sketchy people lurking in the background of it all. I don't want to meet my Maker while on a power walk- but hey, in the words of Danny Burkhead, He'll take me when it's my time.
wow... love it! youre so funny!
ReplyDelete