7.14.2011

Thoughts

Well. Life is far too busy. But I finally have a moment to write, so here we go!

I had an interesting thought yesterday. My friends and I were watching Tron (super awesome movie by the way), and the Creator of the Tron game said in passing to his son, "Well, I'm going to go knock on the sky now." I thought to myself, "Does he mean he's going to make thunder?" And then I thought, "That would be the perfect explanation for thunder when I have my own kids someday. Just tell them that God is knocking on the sky!"

I think it's beautiful to think of the Lord knocking on the sky to remind us of his ultimate power and control. If He can make a boom happen whenever He wants to, how much more can He do in the lives of His children? It gives me such peace to know He knows what He's doing in my life.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" Matthew 6

No comments:

Post a Comment