12.25.2010

Mele Kalikimaka Is The Thing To Say!

Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka! I hope that wherever life finds you on this special weekend, you are rejoicing in the birth of the King, spending time with loved ones, and cherishing life. This is the time of year to be with family, and if you're far away from them, like we are, you really learn to appreciate those who open their doors to you. We've had a wonderful season filled with family time and friend time, while also remembering those we love (so many!) on the mainland.
By way of photographs, here is what we've been up to this Christmas...

We've been baking lots, and lots...and LOTS of Christmas Sugar Cookies! Yumm! Too bad we didn't get to eat many- they were gifts to our friends and family. We had great fun frosting them (and snitching some of the frosting) and decorating them Keizer-style! We ended up with some pretty crazy designs!

Christmas isn't Christmas without a Huge Christmas Tree! We had a night out with our friends/neighbors Dave & Katie that included an amazing Christmas service at a pavillion in Honolulu, then dessert at California Pizza Kitchen at Ala Moana Mall. Why would I go there on my day off? Because I'm a good girl and never eat dessert after a shift! :)


No, we are not criminals, and this is not a SWAT team coming to get us. This would be President Barack Obama's motorcade on the night he arrived in town. I came home from work just in time for the President's arrival, and just in time to get interviewed by KITV! Pete and I said some words about the President vacationing down the street from us (I wonder if he watched it?) and watched as an endless line of motorcyles, SUV's, cop cars, and ambulances made their way to his vacation home across the street. It was a very cool experience, one we will remember forever!


Christmas isn't complete without a few Christmas shindigs! We had our first Christmas party at a friends house (check out those decorations!) in K-Town. I was very proud of my dessert, hence the picture! Look closely Mom!


You know how when you think of Christmas weather, you tend to think of snow? Well, in Hawaii, you better get accustomed to expecting RAIN. I hope someone warned Old St. Nick before he visited Oahu this year- otherwise, he probably got stuck in a puddle or two! It was a constant downpour for a few days, and this is what our yard looked like. It was ten times worse all over the rest of town!
But you have to admit, the waterfalls make all the rain well worth it. They were Glorious! I hardly had words as we drove down the highway and found this view waiting for us for miles.


Merry Christmas Day! I happened to be the luckiest Hawaiian girl on the planet, because I received a Technicolor Hammock from my sweet husband! I have wanted a hammock for forever, especially while living in paradise. I love it!


The Christmas sunsets are still spectacular. It's very strange to look up and see palm trees in the middle of winter. I must say that I've gotten completely accustomed to the perfect evening temperatures. I bask in the coolness of the low 70's and am hardly ever appreciative. Winter evenings are especially cool, and I even have started appreciating the feeling when my toes get cold. I can't remember what "real" cold feels like!

No comments:

Post a Comment