Here I am, living on this little island in the Pacific, hardly appreciating the incomparable beauty it has to offer! Proverbs 17:22 says, "A joyful heart is good medicine..." and I couldn't agree more. Living in Hawaii and experiencing the Lord's creativity in a new way gives my heart a new kind of joy on a daily basis. I never get tired of looking up, and up, and up, all the way up to the peaks of the mountains, sometimes seeing waterfalls, and I never get tired of looking as far as the eye can see, and seeing nothing but the bluest ocean. How can any place I may live in the future compare to this rare kind of beauty? I better live it up now while I can!
Another kind of beauty exists in my life that will never fade with time, pollution, or moving. As I sit here writing this, my friend Ashley is to my left, documenting her day at work as a nurse. We've delighted in great conversation and laughter more than once tonight, which is something I hope never to take for granted. To my right and about 20 feet away sit our husbands, contentedly watching a documentary on Greece. Before they started watching, they sat outside on our lanai talking the night away, probably conversing about how to save the world. How blessed am I to be covered with love by a community of friendships- no, sisters and brothers- not only in a beautiful state, but in a beautiful life that was given to me by the One who cares about me the most and delights in me at all moments of the day? What can compare? And even if all these joys are taken away, the Love of my Lord will remain. That is the greatest Truth of all.
...And it is so true. A joyful heart is GREAT medicine!
[Posted below are a few photographs that have defined our time in Hawaii in many ways- enjoying the beauty the Lord has given, but always in community!]


No comments:
Post a Comment